Frequently Asked Questions
- The registration page rejects my registration request
This may occur if you do not correctly enter data in the field provided. Check first that you are doing what is asked for. If the problem persists perhaps you have an unusual email address. Please contact web administration if you think this might be the case, using the web contact form provided.
- I registered but the activation email has not arrived
If you received the message :
Thank you for registering! A confirmation email has been sent to your address. Please click on the link in that email in order to activate your account.
you have been provisionally registered and the activation email has been sent. It should normally reach you within 10 minutes but may sometimes take longer. If, however, it does not appear then the problem probably lies at your end. Please check your spam filters and ensure that emails from our domain (guarantorsofbrain.org) are not blocked by your system.
How can I ensure all emails sent to me by Guarantors of Brain will reach me?
To ensure that our emails will reach you in the future it will be helpful to put the following address in your email address book.
Do not include the dashes around the email
It will be helpful to ensure that your system doesn't attempt to block emails from our site or mark them as spam.
- My activation email has arrived but the link in it doesn't work
Please try to select the link contents, copy this URL and then paste this activation URL link into your browser location field and then press Enter. If this fails contact web administration via our contact/message form, retaining the activation email for reference purposes.
- I want to start a travel grant application but my meeting date is earlier than the earliest allowed by the system
As we point out on our information page, you must start your application at least 9 weeks before your meeting date and the system automatically provides you with the earliest date you can enter when you start making your application. Your application should then be completed and submitted at least 8 weeks before your nominated meeting date. This allows you with some 5 or 6 days to complete if you use the earliest date you were allowed. This time provision allows us adequate time to consider your application and let you have your award, if allowed, in good time.
- I have started a travel grant application but entered the wrong meeting date
You should delete your partially completed application by selecting the Travel Grant Applications menu item when logged in. You should see a button marked Delete when you select the application you are working on. Unfortunately you must then restart the data entry required. Completed applications where the form has been submitted and all required documents uploaded cannot be deleted by you. Please contact us.
- I started a travel grant application but did not finish it in time
Applications which are never completed or pass the administrative deadline for consideration and action will be deleted in due course by the system. But if you find that such an uncompleted application is blocking you from starting a new one - for an alternative meeting date - please go to the Travel Grant Applications menu item when logged in and use the delete facility there. You should then be free to reapply, subject to the earliest meeting date then allowable.
- If you register on this site but then don't activate your registration using the activation email sent to you, the registration record will be deleted after 14 days. You can of course then repeat the process if you still wish to use the site to apply for a travel grant.
- If you register on this site, don't start a travel grant application and don't log in for 180 days your registration record will be deleted. You can of course then re-register if you still wish to use the site to apply for a travel grant.
- Can I register more than once?
No. Please do not do this since you should provide a single record of your awards and applications. If you find difficulty with activating your registration and try another email address please do not activate both registration attempts. The system monitors duplicate registrations and we will contact you to clarify the situation if there appears to be a duplicate registration. If you move institutions and lose the use of your original registered email address please contact our web administration to make arrangements to change your registration while preserving your previous records. Please quote your previous redundant email address in your message.